WHAT TO EXPECT IN COUPLES THERAPY
The first thing to know as you get started is that change is already happening.
Even before your first session, you’re making progress because you’ve expressed a desire to do something about the rifts in your relationship and seek relationship counseling.
Whether you’re married, living together, separated or considering divorce, I am ready to help you work your way toward meaningful, positive change.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW UPFRONT
- Couples therapy and marriage counseling are very different from individual therapy. It’s more complex, more dynamic and often more demanding than individual therapy. So be prepared to give it your best. It’s your relationship we’re talking about here – and it’s worth the effort.
- Expertise matters. Did you know that 80% of all therapists offer some form of relationship counseling, but only 12% have undergone special training for this demanding role? I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with the years of education and experience needed to help you succeed in reaching your shared goals.
- Each session will last 90 minutes. In my experience with couples counseling, I’ve discovered that the standard 50-minute therapy session just isn’t enough. Longer sessions help us get past the small talk and into the larger issues we need to explore.
- Homework will help you make real progress. To truly reshape your relationship, you’ll need to build on the discussions we have in regular sessions. I will give you focused assignments to help you move forward with specific issues. This will be the key to truly maximizing your investment in relationship counseling.
Worried? Don’t be. We have the resources you need.
Couples therapy is a significant commitment, but you don’t have to struggle alone.
At Couple Counseling, we offer you all the tools you need to succeed. Along with our in-office sessions, you will benefit from:
FREE access to the Couples Institute library of videos (valued at $40 each). These helpful presentations can help you focus on the issues that damage relationships – and practical ways to overcome them.
Books, movies, podcasts and TED talks that can illuminate the points we discuss in therapy sessions, rounding out your understanding of what works for real-life couples just like you.
A worldwide network of specialists who can join our regularly scheduled therapy sessions via Zoom, an online conferencing network. This can be helpful if you are facing a particular challenge where a specialist’s expertise will give you additional clarity and confidence.
What couples say about their experience at
Here are things we’ve heard from dozens of couples. How many resonate with you?
- “I didn’t know my partner was so unhappy. Then I got these divorce papers!”
- “We went to therapy once, but we fought the whole time. It didn’t work.”
- “I thought he would never cheat on me. Then I saw this weird text on his phone …”
- “We don’t argue, but we don’t agree either! We just avoid talking about the big issues.”
- “We should have gone into therapy years ago, but we thought we could work it out on our own.”
Now imagine yourself saying what we’ve heard so many others say…
- “Working with you has saved our marriage.”
- “We are having wonderful sex again!”
- “We were in such a dark place. Now we look forward to spending time together.”
- “We can actually talk now. We listen and share things we wouldn’t have said before. Our conversations can go on for hours! We finally feel we understand each other.”
Working with hundreds of Las Vegas couples has shown us that change is possible. We’ll show you how to get there.
Keep the momentum going by contacting me now.